5.16.2012

19 or Baseline...

So, I did not go to Cross Fit on Friday night, Saturday or Sunday mornings. I had so much going on with worying about stupid finals that I needed to not worry about anything like working out... Here is what we did on Monday...


First, we started with "Baseline." It is a series of workouts that are timed. The goal is that over the next few weeks, we should be getting better and our time should be going down.

The workouts:
500 meter row on the rowing machine 40 squats
30 sit-ups
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups




And here is where I fall...

8 minutes and 56 seconds.

I was the slowest person (I didn't get a picture of what the other people in our group did). When I was 5 away from being done on my sit-ups, I got some major cramping in my gut and took a break.





But that wasn't it...

We still had to do our workout!

Translation:

20 minutes as many rounds as possible:

5 pull-ups
10 push-ups (either on the floor or using the rings)
15 squats (using the straight bar across our back or without)
20 lateral jumps on each side (total of 40)
25 double unders on the jump rope (I have problems with that so I just did 25 regular jumps)

Well, because of the baseline we did before, my knees were killing me and I was only able to finish 4 rounds before I had to "tap-out'. I hope today is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment